Snickerdoodle Cupcake Hack
I totally made these out of a white boxed cake mix. Oh, yes I did. Sue me.
Easiest Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- 1 box white cake mix, plus all ingredients listed on box (eggs, oil, water)
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (approximate amount--use more or less, to taste)
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Prepare the boxed cake mix as directed for the whole egg recipe.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape out the insides and add to the cake batter, or use the liquid vanilla if preferred.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, stir through.
- Divide the batter amongst 24 cupcake lined tins. Bake for 18 minutes at 350.
- For icing, cream together the butter and cream cheese in a mixer.
- Add sugar in increments until just sweet enough.
- Add lemon juice to taste.
- Add vanilla.
- Ice cakes.
- Top with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.