Nana Recipe Wednesday–Chutney Chicken Salad
Ladies who lunch. What do they like to eat?
P.S. I want that black bathing suit. And the instamatic camera.
P.P.S. Look at Nana’s cute puffball white hair!
Ladies who lunch want to eat finger sandwiches of course, duh! They’re dainty, they’re tasty and you can eat about 10 of them without feeling like a total pig.
They may seem hopelessly old-fashioned, but a little chicken salad with chutney is really quite a delightful little lunch.
Of course, it’s nice when you have a little helper.
Try these at your next party. Cocktail party, baby shower, ladies’ lunch….whatever the occasion, chutney chicken salad sandwiches are a good choice.
And Nana’s chicken salad is the best ever. I swear.
Nana's Chutney Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken breast halves, skins removed and poached (you can also use leftover or rotisserie chicken), and cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup chutney, or more to taste
- 1 cup Best Foods mayonnaise, or more to bind
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3 ribs celery, cut into small dice
- 1/4 cup red or green onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion and almonds. Add the mayonnaise and chutney and mix to bind. Add more mayonnaise and/or chutney as needed or to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on finger sandwiches or on lettuce leaves.